The Tax Institute is holding the Vic 2nd Annual Tax Forum in Melbourne on 09 - 10 October 2014.
Papers of particular interest are:
- Teresa Dyson - Chair of the Board of Taxation address
- Arthur Athanasiou, Fiona Dillon and Simon Le Maistre: Trusts - What is keeping you awake at night?
- Michael Flynn - Perfecting and protecting your RAP
- Paul Sokolowski - The 2014 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
- Sam Ure - Promoter penalty provisions after Ludekens and Barossa Vines cases
- Denise Honey - Operating your business abroad
- Judge Pagone - A perspective on the New Part IVA
On 9 October 2014, I presented on Independent Contractors. The paper discusses the complex income tax, superannuation guarantee charge, payroll tax, long service leave and workers compensation obligations in respect of employees, dependent contractors, independent contractors, labour intermediaries and contractor partnerships and trust.