The Tax Institute is holding the 29th National Convention in Hobart on 26-28 March 2014.
Papers of particular interest are:
- The Commissioner’s address
- Alexis Kokkinos: Trusts - State of Play
- Paul Sokolowski: Penalty Provisions
- Gordon Cooper: CGT Discount and Non-Residents
- David Marks: Part IVA - How’s your Postulate?
- Tony Underhill: Establishing Residence in the Global Village.
On 27 March 2014, I presented on Division 7A - The Contortionist. The paper discusses the Board of Taxation’s 2nd Discussion Paper on Div. 7A reform published on 25 March 2014 and its impact on structures and restructures to address Div. 7A.